Is My Child Ready For Kindergarten?
- If your child meets the minimum age requirement for entering kindergarten in your state, province or country, they may go.
- Give some thought to your child’s social skills and emotional well being.
- If your child has been in a preschool program, ask your child’s preschool teacher for his/her opinion.
- If you decide to wait a year for kindergarten, enroll your child into a preschool program, especially if they have not yet been to preschool.
- Read with your child each day.
- Register your child for kindergarten as soon as possible.
- Attend any orientations or "meet the teacher" events if offered.
- Decide how your child is going to get home each day after school and provide this information to the school office and your child's teacher by the first day.
- Create some files for teacher/school newsletters and important papers.
- Choose a safe spot in the house for school and/or classroom library books lent to your child.